For over 16 years, iTICKET has developed a strong reputation across New Zealand for the hands-on care and support we provide clients and customers. Trust is an intrinsic component of how we operate, with integrity being one of the core values of our business.
We've been recognised for our care and attention to detail time and time again - not only by promoters, venues and ticket holders but even by some of our comrades in competition who have even been heard referring to us as 'the good guys in ticketing'.
Being an independent tight-knit team can have its advantages. We create relationships of care, and we're prepared to go the extra mile without having some of the obstacles that large organisations can be hindered by. On the flip side, we need to be extra vigilant to ensure operations run smoothly and accurately for all concerned. So when a New Zealand ticketing agency hit hard times in the news recently, we could only hope they'd have taken steps to safeguard funds for the sake of their customers and clients at this difficult time.
Ticket Rocket (formerly known as TicketDirect and associated to Dash Tickets) came under fire in the media last week for their significant failure to provide refunds for event cancellations due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Affecting both customers and promoters alike, the company is now facing a high court ruling with Palmerston North City Council who have applied for a freezing order in respect of $675K+ after their failure to pay bills relating to a large speedway event and a softball world cup. The Hurricanes Super Rugby franchise, has also called in police to recover $200K while Ticket Rocket remains unresponsive to engaging in any resolution process.
Further information is available here:
- High Court Ruling - 09 June 2020
- Ticket Rocket's silence on refunds for cancelled shows riles patrons - 12 June 2020
- Ticket Rocket has $676k frozen over failure to pay speedway bills - 15 June 2020
- Ticket Rocket silent as refund issue grows & users change agent - 17 June 2020
- Under-fire ticketing company founder sells major Highlanders stake - 19 June 2020
- Southland sporting fans await ticket refunds - 19 June 2020
- Royal NZ Ballet reports struggles to get money from Ticket Rocket - 20 June 2020
- No sign of refunds from a local ticket agency - 22 June 2020
- Davey’s holding in Highlanders much reduced - 22 June 2020
- Hurricanes call in police over financial dispute with former ticketing company - 23 June 2020
- Struggling ticket company fails in bid to keep troubles secret - 23 June 2020
With concerned ticket holders from a wide range of events including The Bluff Oyster Festival, Warbirds over Wanaka and the Soweto Gospel Choir still struggling to get through to Ticket Rocket for their refunds, and their clients seriously losing faith in the security of their ticketing provider, we have received an increased interest from event organisers and venues looking for a Kiwi ticketing partner they can trust.
As COVID-19 took hold, processing refunds was at the forefront for iTICKET, to ensure our customers received their funds quickly. We also developed a refund and gift-back tool that allowed customers to gift any part of their refund back to the event organiser. It was a priority for us to directly support our clients in what was a devastating time for the events industry as a whole. By front-footing the crisis in this way and developing our refund tool, we were able to process tens of thousands of refunds and gift-backs swiftly, with all customers and clients squared up within a few weeks of lockdown.
Going above and beyond is status quo at iTICKET and we are renowned for supporting our clients with hands-on personalised care. If you’re thinking of changing ticketing provider and want to keep it local and support Kiwi, here are a few considerations:
- Having ticketed at most venues across the country, we have hundreds of venue plans set up and ready to go.
- We’ve worked hard to retain our full team, so in most cases, we can have your event online and open for sales within a day.
- For events that are currently live, we can either transfer current ticket purchases from your existing platform over to iTICKET or work with you to come up with a seamless plan that suits.
- We have strict protocols and robust security procedures for how our promoter funds are held. Our trust account is independently reviewed by an external accountancy firm on a regular basis and at no point are funds ever unavailable to pay out promoters and/or refund customers. Settlements to promoters take place just a few days after an event has occurred with no lengthy delays.
- We are currently providing a grace period for all events occurring within the next few months (until August 31 2020), and will waive refunds fees in the event of any future COVID-19 related cancellations during this period.
- We boast a complete range of ticketing features and ensure the very best service with hands-on support and genuine customer care.
Here’s what others have been saying about our integrity over the past few months:
"Fantastic easy to use refund system by Kiwi owned and operated @iticket. Yes you can keep the booking fee! Hope to book with you again when normality returns."
- Col. Lateral @offbalancetweet, Twitter, 23 Mar 2020
"Big ups to iTICKET who have been amazing to deal with through these strange times. We want to say a very special thanks to those ticket holders who donated one of the refunds back to us; we are truly humbled."
- Urge Events, Facebook, 14 April 2020
"We want to put out a big THANK YOU to @iticketnz for being such a supportive ticketing provider during such a financially tough time!"
- Artworks Theatre, Instagram, 17 April 2020
"@iticketnz We are so grateful to you"
- Dr Hinemoa Elder, Instagram, 17 April 2020
"...big thanks to iTICKET for developing the refund tool in-order to minimise the financial stress being placed on theatre industry, very grateful for that… unfortunately cant quite say the same for some other ticketing agencies!"
- SK Events Australia, Email, 24 April 2020
"At the same time we were working with iTicket, who were not only dealing with their own Covid-19 crisis, to re-book a sold-out season. This was largely done by iTicket in an incredibly professional manner."
- Sonya Aifai, Napier Operatic Society secretary, NZ Herald, 19 June 2020
So, if you’re looking for ticketing you can trust we'd love to hear from you soon.
Email one of the team at email@example.com or call us on 0508 iTICKET (484-253)